Dyslexia Testing near Manchester MI
Life with dyslexia doesn’t have to be a struggle. There are tons of treatment and coping techniques available that can help you or your child boost your quality of life with dyslexia. The key to finding an effective treatment plan is to get a professional diagnosis. That’s where we come in!
Common signs of dyslexia include the following:
- Delays developing speech, language, and reading skills
- Frustrations when asked to complete reading or spelling tasks, often to the point of tantrums
- Difficulty spelling or understanding sight words
- Feeling anxious when asked to learn or pronounce new words
- Trouble memorizing songs or nursery rhymes
- Issues sounding out words or identifying different sounds in similar words
- Not being able to find the right words to answer a question
- Reversing letters or sounds in words
How Does Dyslexia Testing Work?
Approximately 15-20% of people have some form of dyslexia, according to research from the Department of Health and Human Services. The symptoms of dyslexia range from minor inconveniences to debilitating frustrations, but there are treatments available to help dyslexic people manage their learning disability.
Our job here at CNLD Testing & Therapy is to assess the symptoms and overall experiences to determine if a person has dyslexia. We have a team of specialists with years of advanced education and in-field experience. Once we figure out what’s going on at the root, we can refer you to additional specialists for dyslexia treatment and support.
CNLD Testing & Therapy
5864 Interface Dr., Ste. D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Call (734) 994-9466 if you’d like an appointment for dyslexia testing near Manchester MI.
Behavioral Assessments and Psychological Testing for Children of All Age Groups
Here is an overview of some of the other counseling and testing services we provide:
- Educational Advocacy and Executive Functions Coaching
- Autism Testing, ADHD Testing, and Neurological Disorder Testing
- Learning Disability Testing, Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD), and Dyslexia Testing near Manchester MI
- Mental Health Evaluations, Including Infant Mental Health Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations
- Bipolar Disorder Testing
- IQ Testing, Giftedness Exams, and Twice Exceptional Testing
- Substance Abuse Exposure Testing
- Counseling Services for Families, Couples, and Individuals, Including Teletherapy Appointments
- Postpartum Mental Health Screenings
- Accommodations for College Entrance Exams for Students with Special Education Needs