Dyslexia Testing in Ann Arbor MI
Do you think that your child may have a learning disability, such as dyslexia or dyscalculia? A professional evaluation could give you the answers you need. From there, you could seek out educational accommodations, treatment, coping strategies, and other ways to help your child manage dyslexia.
We offer dyslexia testing in Ann Arbor MI, along with educational advocacy, IEEs, and more. You can stop by our office, located at:
CNLD Testing & Therapy
5864 Interface Dr., Ste. D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
If you’re interested in dyslexia testing in Ann Arbor MI, reach out to CNLD Testing & Therapy at (734) 994-9466.
When Should My Child Get Tested for Dyslexia?
The general rule for any psychological testing service is to test sooner, rather than later. This allows for early intervention, which yields more effective and personalized treatment.
In the case of dyslexia, you may not notice symptoms until your child starts school. However, you may see signs in the toddler/preschool years, such as struggles with nursery rhymes or difficulty identifying letters. Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
- Trouble Distinguishing the Differences between Similar Sounds or Letters
- Delayed Reading and Language Skills
- Difficulty Learning Nursery Rhymes or Identifying Rhyming Sounds
- Problems with Memorization
- Frustrations Related to Reading Tasks
- Issues Learning Vocabulary Words or Recalling the Specific Word Needed for a Situation
- Mispronouncing New Words or Trouble Sounding Them out
For more information about dyslexia testing in Ann Arbor MI, please call (734) 994-9466.
Additional Testing You May Want to Pursue
Dyslexia often comes with additional struggles, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or anxiety. These co-occurring conditions make life even more difficult to navigate, so it’s important to get a comprehensive diagnosis. CNLD Testing & Therapy provides a range of testing services, including:
- Learning Disability Testing, Such as Dyscalculia Testing, Dyslexia Testing, and Dysgraphia Testing
- ADHD and ADD Testing
- Neurological Disorder Testing
- Accommodations for High Stakes Exams, Such as the SAT, ACT or PSAT
- Evaluations for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- Anxiety Testing, Bipolar Disorder Testing and Depression Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing and Infant Mental Health Exams
- Pregnancy-Related Mental Health Evaluations (Postpartum Depression)
- Educational Advocacy and Executive Functions Coaching
- Teletherapy Appointments
- Counseling for Individuals and Families
- Giftedness Testing, Twice Exceptional Testing, and IQ Testing