Infant Mental Health
Infant mental health is focused on assessment and treatment for children ages birth to four. Our infant mental health experts will help you to understand your child’s temperament, caregiver-infant relationship, and the broader environment in which these relationships exist. We are committed to helping infants and young children develop self-worth, self-confidence and self-regulation. We also offer assistance in coping with stress or disruptions in relationships that can take a child off track developmentally. For example, working with parents to support young children experiencing separation and trauma is crucial and one of the many areas in which we have specialized training. Most importantly, we support your child’s healthy brain development.
Our comprehensive assessments help pinpoint and diagnose:
- Developmental concerns with meeting milestones
- Speech and language concerns impacting communication
- Cognitive concerns with thinking and learning
- Emotional concerns with regulating emotions
- Relationship or social concerns including identifying Autism Spectrum Disorders
We provide evidenced-informed state of the art treatment including:
- Neurobiological Attachment Parenting Model
- Consultation and education
- Parenting Guidance – how to manage challenging behaviors or temperament
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
Early prevention and treatment is most beneficial and helps avoid more serious difficulties later in life. For more information about our services, expert clinicians, or how to schedule an appointment, contact our office. Feel free to view our brochure as well!