Cognitive Impairment Testing
Cognitive impairment testing is designed to evaluate intellectual function and behavioral development in children. The assessment explores a child’s mind and memory to determine the root cause of his or her personal struggles. CNLD Testing & Therapy provides thorough CI testing, along with many other psychological and neuropsychological testing services, including:
- Cognitive Impairment Testing (CI Testing or Mental Retardation Testing)
- Learning Disabilities Testing (Dyslexia Testing, Dyscalculia Testing and Dysgraphia Testing)
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Testing and Coaching
- Educational Advocacy and Coordinating Care with Primary Physicians and Psychiatrists
- Child an Family Therapy
- Autism Testing
- ADD and ADHD Testing
- Giftedness and Twice Exceptional Testing
- And Other Forms of Psychological Testing, Neuropsychological Testing, Therapy and Treatment
If you’re interested in cognitive impairment testing, contact CNLD Testing & Therapy at (734) 994-9466.
What Is Cognitive Impairment (CI)?
Cognitive impairment (CI) is a term used synonymously with mental retardation (MR) or mental disabilities by the State of Michigan’s Department of Education. CI is evident during early childhood and manifests as delays in intellectual functioning and age-appropriate adaptive behavior. It can affect…
- Skills Related to Communication
- Social Interactions
- Daily Living
- Personal Care
- Being Able to Function at Home, at School and in the Community
In the past, personal attitudes, beliefs and feelings regarding children with CI impacted the care and assistance provided to them. The last 30 years have seen increased opportunities for children with CI including services, assessment and treatment that can lead to better education. In order to provide more appropriate care plans for children with CI, our cognitive impairment testing services address several areas including intellectual, attention and memory functioning.
Reuven Feuerstein, Ph.D., is an expert in cognitive modification in children with varying levels of functioning. One of the areas of learning he discusses in his writings is that individuals who have developmental delay, such as those with CI, need adult support in order to learn critical thinking skills and to ‘stretch’ their thinking. The results from CI testing at CNLD Testing & Therapy can help adults understand what kind of support is best for those with CI.
To Learn More about Cognitive Impairment Testing or to Schedule a Consultation, Please Call (734) 994-9466