ADHD Psychological Testing in Metro Detroit
If you think your child may have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a psychological evaluation can provide answers to your questions. If ADHD is not the underlying issue, the psychologist can determine what may explain your child’s struggles or behaviors. If it is the underlying issue, diagnosis is the first step toward treatment.
CNLD Testing & Therapy
5864 Interface Dr., Ste. D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Symptoms of ADHD and ADD
If your child exemplifies these signs, you may want to pursue ADHD psychological testing:
- Trouble Staying Focused or Multitasking
- Difficulty with Organization, Time Management and Project Planning
- Mood Swings or Outbursts, Usually after a Frustrating Experience
- Fidgeting Movements (Only for ADHD)
- Impulsive Behaviors
- Excessive Talking and Scattered Thought Patterns
- Problems Waiting for a Turn or Completing a Task on Schedule
- Not Prioritizing Tasks in the Right Order
- Frustration in School or When Asked to Do Something in a Specific Way
- Low Tolerance for Stress or Pressure
These are not the only potential symptoms your child may experience, and they are not necessarily the result of ADHD. That’s the purpose of the evaluation – to figure out what’s going on and how to best address it.
What Age Should I Get My Child Tested for ADHD?
With any mental health diagnosis, early diagnosis is ideal. If a professional can diagnose ADHD at the earliest signs, the child will have better access to treatment and educational support. The National Institute of Mental Health reports that the average age for ADHD psychological testing is between 4 and 7, but children can be diagnosed before or after that. Adults and teens can also complete ADHD psychological evaluations, though their exams may look slightly different than a child’s.
For more information about getting ADHD psychological testing in Metro Detroit, contact CNLD Testing & Therapy at (734) 994-9466.
Compassionate Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Educational Advocates
In addition to ADHD testing, CNLD Testing & Therapy offers:
- Educational Advocacy and Intervention Planning
- Learning Disorder Testing for Conditions Like Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia
- Autism Testing, Including the Diagnosis Formerly Referred to as Asperger’s Syndrome
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Evaluations and Neurological Disorders Testing
- ADHD Psychological Testing in Metro Detroit
- Testing and Treatment for Anxiety, Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Couples Therapy, Family Counseling, and Individual Counseling
- School Readiness Assessments and Developmental Benchmark Evaluations
- Accommodations for College Entrance Exam
- Giftedness Testing, IQ Testing and Twice Exceptional Assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing, Including FAE Testing
- Infant Mental Health Testing
- And Other Therapy and Psychological Testing Services