Learning Disability Testing near Manchester MI
Learning disabilities can affect how someone learns and navigates the world, but they don’t have to prevent someone from thriving! If you can understand what type of learning disability you or your child has, you can get personalized support to manage it. That’s where we come in. CNLD Testing & Therapy offers learning disability testing near Manchester MI, as well as follow-up services to help you after the diagnosis. Contact us at (734) 994-9466 to schedule an appointment.
Identifying Different Types of Learning Disabilities and How to Best Address Them
There are many different types of learning disabilities, and each one has unique characteristics. Most people with undiagnosed learning disabilities experience some frustrations in school, but the nature of their frustrations may be vastly different. Our learning disability assessments are designed to peel back the layers and determine what’s really going on underneath.
Here are some common categories of learning disabilities:
- Dyslexia – Difficulty reading, memorizing information, and writing.
- Dyscalculia – Similar to dyslexia, but the struggles relate to math and numbers.
- Dysgraphia – Trouble with handwriting and other fine motor skills.
- Reading Comprehension Deficit – Trouble interpreting written and oral communication.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) – Difficulty understanding body language, facial expressions, and other nonverbal cues.
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) – Struggles with processing sounds and spoken information.
- Language Processing Disorder (LPD) – A form of APD that only affects processing spoken language.
Getting an official diagnosis can help you pursue support and educational accommodations for your child’s learning disability. In fact, 32% of children who receive special education accommodations do so because of learning disabilities! CNLD Testing & Therapy is here to help. Call (734) 994-9466 to schedule an appointment for learning disability testing near Manchester MI.
CNLD Testing & Therapy Offers Full-Service Psychological Testing and Mental Health Services
Our counseling and testing center offers an array of services to support your family, including the following:
- Educational Advocacy Services to Help You Navigate Life after Diagnosis
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Executive Functions Coaching, ADHD Testing, and ADD Testing
- Autism Testing and Neurological Disorder Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- Learning Disability Testing near Manchester MI
- IQ Testing and Accommodations for College Entrance Exams
- Bipolar Disorder Testing
- Infant Mental Health Testing
- Giftedness/Twice Exceptional Assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Teletherapy Appointments, Mental Health Assessments, and Counseling Services
Want More Information about Learning Disability Testing near Manchester MI? Call (734) 994-9466 to Get Started
- Learning Disability Testing in Ann Arbor MI
- Learning Disability Testing in Metro Detroit
- Learning Disability Testing near Plymouth MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Canton MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Ypsilanti MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Livonia MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Novi MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Howell MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Saline MI
CNLD Testing & Therapy
5864 Interface Dr., Ste. D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103