Learning Disability Testing in Metro Detroit
Think your child may have a learning disability? Do they struggle in math, reading, English, or other subjects? A professional diagnosis can help you pursue effective support for your child.
CNLD Testing & Therapy offers learning disability testing in Metro Detroit. Our office is located at:
CNLD Testing & Therapy
5864 Interface Dr., Ste. D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Contact (734) 994-9466 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about learning disorder testing.
What Are Learning Disabilities and How Are They Diagnosed?
Learning disabilities affect how a person reads, processes, or interprets information. Symptoms of learning disabilities can start at a young age, even before a child enters school. Approximately 1 in 5 children struggle with attention deficits or learning disabilities. Early intervention ensures they learn effective coping strategies as quickly as possible.
Here is an overview of common learning disabilities:
- Dyslexia – This affects a person’s ability to read, write, sound out words and distinguish between letters. Dyslexia is the most common learning disability in America.
- Dyscalculia – Similar to dyslexia, this condition impacts numbers and mathematics.
- Dysgraphia – Difficulty with handwriting and fine motor skills.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) – Trouble interpreting nonverbal cues, like facial expressions and body language.
- Reading Comprehension Deficit – Difficulty understanding written or spoken information, which may also impact oral communication.
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) – Issues processing heard information. A person with APD may have trouble distinguishing background noise from foreground noise or hearing differences in sounds. Language processing disorder (LPD) is a subset of APD, specifically related to spoken language.
Diagnosis starts with a psychological or neuropsychological evaluation. A specialist will assess your child’s symptoms, behaviors, and other factors to determine which learning disability they may have if any. From there, we can connect you with local experts who can guide you through the next stage of your journey. We offer educational advocacy and executive functions coaching in addition to learning disability testing in Metro Detroit. Contact us at (734) 994-9466 to schedule an appointment.
Psychological Testing and Educational Advocacy Services from CNLD Testing & Therapy
CNLD Testing & Therapy offers comprehensive mental healthcare and family support services. These include the following:
- ADHD Testing, ADD Testing, and Executive Functions Assessments
- Cognitive Impairment Testing
- Autism Testing
- Bipolar Disorder Testing
- Anxiety Testing and Depression Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing, Including FAE and FASD Evaluations
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing
- Childhood Development Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- School Readiness Exams and Independent Education Evaluations
- High Stakes Exams Testing and IQ Testing
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Twice Exceptional and Giftedness Testing
- Educational Advocacy and Executive Functions Coaching
Call (734) 994-9466 to Schedule an Appointment for Learning Disability Testing in Metro Detroit
- Learning Disability Testing in Ann Arbor MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Plymouth MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Canton MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Ypsilanti MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Livonia MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Novi MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Manchester MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Howell MI
- Learning Disability Testing near Saline MI