Learning Disabilities Clinic for Children and Adults
When you or your child are not performing up to your potential at work or school, you may be struggling with a learning disability. In other words, you may learn differently. It’s not about whether or not you’re smart – lots of very bright and successful people have struggled with learning disabilities (Albert Einstein, Ann Bancroft, Tommy Hilfiger, Erin Brockovich, Charles Schwab, Whoopi Goldberg, Cher and Patrick Dempsey, to name a few).
Learning disabilities manifest themselves in various ways:
- problems with reading (dyslexia), writing (dysgraphia) or math (dyscalculia)
- difficulty remembering information
- problems with organization and reasoning
- physical coordination issues
- problems with social relationships
- difficulty meeting deadlines at work
Learning disabilities occur in at least 5% of the population and reading problems (dyslexia) are the most common.
Our LD assessments will provide:
- Pinpointed origins and diagnoses of the person’s learning struggles with effectively planned interventions.
- A better understanding of the impact learning struggles have at school, within work settings and in your personal life.
- Identification of how an individual best learns information, his/her favored learning style, and how to most effectively assist the client in any learning situation.
- An individualized academic plan created by our psychologists to help the student reach his/her full potential.
- An individualized work plan to assist adults with maximizing their performance including a review of possible assistive technology.
- Personalized implementation of these plans with our psychologists or other professionals within the local community with whom we consult.
The staff of CNLD is on the cutting edge with the latest developments in the field, including Response To Intervention (RTI), Pattern of Strengths and Weaknesses (PSW) and effective remediation techniques.
For more information, take a look at our brochure for Learning Disability Assessments for Children and Adults.